Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions – Who should I vote for?

A few years ago I decided that I was finished with party politics. I decided that what was more important than a party machine was the person who was actually going to be representing me in the Council, in the Scottish Parliament or in Westminster. In practice, what this has meant is that after years of voting for the same party, since making this decision I have voted for three different parties based on the individuals representing them. This has been a major challenge because it is really difficult to find out anything about the people behind the parties!

So I have decided to try and do something about that and share what I find with you. So far in Airdrie and Shotts Constituency we have 4 candidates who have declared:

• Sophia Coyle – SNP
• John Love – Liberal Democrats
• Pamela Nash – Labour
• Ruth Whitfield – Conservative

I have contacted 3 out of the 4 of them (still trying to source an email for Pamela Nash) and asked to meet them to discuss their polices and personal political philosophy. On top of this I have asked them to consider taking the pledge! The Westminster Declaration 2010 pledge that is! The pledge is as follows, “I will respect, uphold and protect the right of Christians to hold and express Christian beliefs and act according to Christian conscience.” You can find out more about the Westminster Declaration 2010 here. I got one really quick reply, but we’ll save that for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Join in the conversation